Below you will find detailed information about what “Cookies” are, which type this website uses, how you can disable cookies in your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third party cookies.
What are Cookies and how do the dbcover.com websites use them?
- Ensure that web pages operate correctly.
- Store your preferences, such as the language you have selected or font size.
- Know about your browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as which pages you visited or how long have you been on our site.
Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and your computer/device and do not provide references that reveal personal data. You can access the configuration of your browser at all times to modify and/or block the installation of cookies sent by dbcover websites, without this preventing access to the contents. However, the quality of the operation of the Services may be affected.
Users who complete the registration process or have logged in with their access details will be able to access customised services that are adapted to their preferences according to the personal information provided at the time of registration and the information stored in the cookie on their browser.
Email-marketing tools of dbcover use small invisible images for users that are included in the emails. This technology allows us to know if an email has been read or not, on what date, the IP address from which it has been consulted, etc. With this information, we perform statistical and analytical studies on the sending and receiving of emails to improve the offer of the services to which the user is subscribed to and provide them with information that may be of interest to them.
Why are they important?
- From a technical point of view, they allow websites to operate more efficiently and can be adapted to user preferences, like for example to store the language, country’s currency or to detect the access device.
- They establish protection and security levels that prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the website or its users.
- They allow media managers to get to know statistical data collected in the Cookies to improve the quality and experience of their services.
- They serve to optimise the advertising that we show users, offering that which is best suited to their interests.
What are the different types of cookies that are used in dbcover.com?
- Session cookies expire when the User leaves the page or closes their browser, that is to say, they are active for the duration of the visit to the website and therefore are deleted from our computer when we leave it.
- Permanent cookies expire when the purpose for which they serve is met or when they are deleted manually, they have a deletion date and are normally used in the online purchase process, for customising or in the registry, so that you do not have to enter our password constantly.
On the other hand, depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from where the Cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish from own cookies and third party cookies.
- Own Cookies are those cookies that are sent to your computer and managed exclusively by us for the better operation of the Website. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- If you interact with our Website then cookies from third parties may also be set up (for example, by pressing a social networking button or viewing videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a domain of our Website. We cannot access the data stored in the cookies from other sites.
Browsing through this website portal means the following types of cookies may be installed:
|Types of cookies||Description||Examples of use|
|FOR PERFORMANCE||These cookies are used to improve your browsing experience and optimise the operation of our website. They store settings so you do not have to reconfigure them each time you visit us||
|FOR GEOLOCATION||These cookies are used to store geolocation data of the computer or device to offer you the most appropriate content and services||
|FOR REGISTRATION||Registration cookies are created when you register or when you sign in to one of our web portals||
|ANALYTICS||These cookies collect information of your browsing experience on our web site portals completely anonymously||
|FOR ADVERTISING||These cookies collect information about the ads shown to each anonymous user on the web portals||
Some dbcover services can use connectors with various social networks::
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. When using the social register, you authorise the social network to store a persistent Cookie. This Cookie will remember your identification in the service, making access much faster in subsequent visits. This cookie can be removed, and you can also override the permissions to access dbcover services from the privacy setting of the specific social network.
How do I configure my cookies?
In any case, we inform you that, since cookies are not required to use our Website, you can block them or disable them by activating the settings of your browser, which allows you to refuse the installation of some or all cookies. The majority of the browsers allow you to be warned of the presence of cookies or reject them automatically. If you reject them you can continue to use our Website, although the use of some of its services may be limited and therefore your experience on our Website will be less satisfactory.